|Crash Dieting Is Not Option.|
BEST WAYS TO FIGHT BEING OVERWEIGHT:
Everyone dreads these – being overweight and belly fat.
It happens to everyone irrespective sex or age. It can, also be a problem for children and teens too.
It’s a universal issue.
It is a very common occurrence, affecting more than 10 million people every year.
Rushing off to crash diet to lose weight is not the best option, instead it may lead to low energy levels, and poor health. These can dramatically impair your ability to fight off disease, infection, perform work or even conduct your affairs safely.
Before we consider on how best to lose weight, we have to understand why do gain weight in the first place, even though we seem to be eating well.
A SMALL RECAP OF WHAT DO THESE TERMS MEAN?
- NUTRITION: Good nutrition can help prevent disease and promote health and helps your body to create new cells, clean toxins, and to just function every day. There are six categories of nutrients that the body needs to acquire from food: protein, carbohydrates, fat, fibers, vitamins and minerals, and water.
- CALORIES: calories are unit of measurement of energy produced by the food that you consume every day and used by the human body to maintain daily health and life. Calories are associated with energy that is contained in protein, carbohydrates and fat. Calorie requirement depends on your age, height, weight, activity and metabolic rate. A normal human needs between 1500 – 1800 calories per day to maintain a healthy life.
- METABOLISM: Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy which your body needs to function.
HOW DO WE PUT ON WEIGHT?
The simple and main reason is we are not burning off enough energy (calories) and let it accumulate in our body and these excess calories are converted into fat and bingo you start putting on weight.
HOW DO WE GAIN THOSE EXTRA CALORIES? The main culprit being –
Our un-healthy lifestyle and poor eating habits. Psychological factors like boredom, stress, sadness or anger which triggers excessive eating or binge eating. Having too little sleep, which affects the hormones that increases over eating. Sedentary lifestyle, with too little exercise or no exercise at all, who burn fewer calories than the required.
WHAT ARE THE BEST WAYS TO FIGHT OFF WEIGHT GAIN?
1. Eat a high-protein breakfast. ... Proper diet plans – eat more nutritious food containing more proteins, calcium, carbohydrates, and dietary fibres. Avoid foods with lots calories.
2. Eating habits – eat 5 to 6 small meals instead of 2 OR 3. Consider eating 5-6 small meals a day instead of having 2 – 3 meals.
3. Avoid junk foods. Minimize the use of processed foods rich in salt, sugar and fats.
4. Physical activity – take to simple exercise like walking, cycling etc. It helps you burn calories.
5. Eat plenty of Green leafy vegetables. Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals.
7. Eat a balanced diet: A balanced diet is one which provides all the nutrients in required amounts and proper proportions. Include Cereals, millets and pulses / Vegetables and fruits / Milk and milk products, egg, meat and fish / Oils & fats and nuts & oilseeds
8. Eat Protein rich food: Protein helps increase satiety, which is beneficial for weight loss.
9. Last but not the least learn to avoid stress. Stress leads to binge eating and lets you gain weight.
A balanced diet should provide around 50-60% of total calories from carbohydrates, preferably from complex carbohydrates, about 10-15% from proteins and 20-30% from both visible and invisible fat.